Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Going Vintage with Pink Hues & Lace




I hope everybody had /is having a good Valentines Day. I thought I'd do a quick post on this Valentines Day, a day when we celebrate and express love a little more than rest of the days. To me the colour pink represents unconditional love and romance. It is a color that we get by toning down the passion of red with the purity of white, Pink is the soft and sweet side of red. So what else could be a better color to wear on V-day to show that delicate and romantic side of you other than pink? This mauve pink lace dress I am wearing is inspired by the romantic spirit of Valentines Day. The color is so soft & romantic and the lace details give that vintage feel which I absolutely adore.









 
Continuing the color blocking theme of Pink and Purple from the earlier post, I accessorised my look with a pair of purple earrings and a purple flower head piece. The nude pumps and brown belt give this look bit of a modern vibe without taking away the vintage feel. I think this look is perfect for any romantic occasion or whenever you feel like being little girlie and sophisticated.

Happy Valentines Day to you all.

Stay Stylish

PS - I am now on Facebook so please find me here Istylemantra and show some support.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Romu, once again. dress is fab. Trendy, very girly and refreshing.But the purse could have been of the brighter shade. just personal views. Red (for evening out) or White (for casual look). It's also said that matching top to toe is complete No No. And liked your pumps too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks again for your opinion, absoultely respect it. I really wanted to keep this look soft and subtle so went for the pastels and nude shades, btw I have added some purple accents(earrings,headpiece and eye make up) and brown belt to break the monochromatic colour scheme:)

    ReplyDelete