Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Mixing Prints : Lines and Dots












Mixing prints has been regarded as one of the key trends this season which is fun and little daring at the same time. I love prints and own lots of printed outfits but mixing them together was something I was not very confident to try on until now. I wanted to experiment with something simple and not too busy prints so I thought of mixing lines and dots, i.e. stripes and polka dots. Polka dots and stripes are classics prints in itself and look effortlessly chic when styled together. I particularly like to wear this look with larger stripes and larger dots as it gives more of a  fun & youthful vibe to our personality.

Here, I am wearing a top with black & white horizontal stripes(previously styled here) over a black & white polka dots skirt. One of the safest and easiest ways to mix print is to choose prints in same color family like black and white for this particular outfit. I kept rest of my accessories neutral by added some black tights, black heels and a pair of black & white hoop earrings. Wearing black and white can be boring but mixing prints can definitely elevate the outfit adding fun and fresh feel to it.

Stay Stylish!
Romu

Photography by ChanthuValcenciaPhotography

2 comments:

  1. In love with ur creative idea. stripes and polka dots. havent seen this combo can come this effective. thankx.

    ReplyDelete